Puppy & Kitten Wellness Care
Blue Springs Animal Hospital & Pet Resort offers affordable and comprehensive wellness plans for puppies and kittens.
While vaccinations (shots) are vitally important for puppies and kittens, at Blue Springs Animal Hospital your baby’s visits are about much more than vaccinations!
Raising a baby up to be a healthy, happy adult with an enjoyable adult temperament requires more than just good healthcare.
Our Puppy and Kitten Wellness Plans provide a comprehensive and balanced program to help you meet all your little one’s needs.
Your new pet will receive the following during his or her wellness visit series:
- a “nose to toes” physical exam by a doctor at each visit to screen for developmental problems and make sure your pet is growing up healthy
- vaccinations against puppy/kitten diseases
- testing for Feline Leukemia for kittens
- testing for internal parasites (worms)
- complimentary dose of dewormer and heartworm/flea preventative
- advice and education on everything from healthcare, to nutrition, to house training or litter box training
- puppy socialization program including complimentary passes to Doggie Daycare and Boarding with Pampered Pet Playtime
- gift card toward spay or neuter ($20 value)
- complimentary microchip identification ($50 value)
When you entrust your new little one to the care of Blue Springs Animal Hospital, you can be confident we will do all we can to make sure your pet will be a healthy and happy companion for many years to come!
While proper preventative health care is critical to raising a healthy puppy, providing positive early social development opportunities is critical to raising a puppy who is a friendly companion and enjoyable pet.
A dog’s adult temperament is largely dependent on the social care and education provided to the puppy during the first 12 months of life. Fearfulness, aggression, and a variety of behavior problems can result from a lack of positive socialization experiences as a puppy.
During your puppy’s wellness visits, our doctors will discuss and provide educational materials on how to socialize your puppy.
Doggie Daycare, a bath or groom, and veterinary visits provide excellent social opportunities. Each time your puppy visits our office, he or she will meet lots of new friends – our staff love puppies and are trained in the importance of positive socialization experiences.
Once your puppy has received some basic vaccines, we will provide you with complimentary passes to Doggie Daycare and a night of boarding including Pampered Pet Playtime.
Our goal in providing socialization education and opportunities is to help you raise a happy, well adjusted dog who will be an enjoyable pet.
Kittens have quite different health and care requirements than puppies.
Blue Springs Animal Hospital & Pet Resort caters to these special needs in many ways, starting with separate waiting, boarding, and hospitalization areas for our feline friends.
Several of our doctors maintain active memberships with the American Association of Feline Practitioners and share their knowledge and expertise in feline medicine with our staff.
Many of our feline patients were adopted from our kitten adoption program, which treats, vaccinates, and finds homes for over 100 homeless kittens per year.
Our Kitten Health Plan includes specific health recommendations and education topics for raising a healthy and happy cat. We will discuss:
- feline diseases and vaccines
- parasite control
- nutrition and exercise
- litterbox training
- behavior issues
- decisions like whether you should allow your cat to go outside and if you should have your cat declawed
- any other questions or problems you may wish to discuss